Psychology on Hay – Latest Live stream
Soap and Water Compassion
- As you stand at the sink, about to wash your hands, take a moment and connect with any sensations in your hands. Feel them from the inside out.
- You may want to wiggle your fingers, make a fist, clench and unclench your fists. It’s good to bring awareness to your hands during this pandemic.
- As you soap up, say to yourself, “May all beings be safe. May all beings be healthy. May all beings be peaceful. May all beings live in ease.” Repeat once or twice.
- Before you finish and dry your hands, you might want to end this way: “May all beings rest in kindness, cooperation, wisdom, and compassion.”
Neural Basis of Meditation Foundations – 6 Factors To Help Steady The Mind
1. Setting an intention – “top-down” frontal, “bottom-up” limbic
2. Relaxing the body – parasympathetic nervous system
3. Feeling cared about – social engagement system
4. Feeling safer – inhibits amygdala/ hippocampus alarms
5. Encouraging positive emotion – dopamine, norepinephrine
6. Absorbing the benefits – positive implicit memories